• Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

zanji vs errata catastor Options
      luxtar23
      Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:00:23 PM

Groups: Dragon Duelist, Team Assailant

according to errata catastors effect only works at the end of the damage step-but damage calculationj is skipped. so if its my turn and i have priority,and i attack with zanji(with another six samurai on my field) do both die,or just zanji?

SIGNATURE AND AVATAR BY ME. I DO REQUESTS IF U WANT[/u]
      Voidshard
      Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:50:32 PM

Groups: Sparta

Rules section?

Diplomacy: The art of saying "nice doggie" until one finds a large enough rock.

fusilier25
      Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 9:20:12 PM

Groups: Member, Team Shock - Teams Champs 2011

well if catastor enters the damage step and resolves there, then zanji wins if zanji attacks.

simplegamer
      Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 10:12:42 PM

Groups: Judge, Member, Team Blaze

fusilier25 wrote:
      well if catastor enters the damage step and resolves there, then zanji wins if zanji attacks.
      lol do propper rulings zanji has to be on the field after the battle has been successful(after damage calculation) same time as D.D. Warrior lady
      lawrence.l
      Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:30:43 PM

Groups: Dragon Duelist, Team Assailant

simplegamer wrote:
      fusilier25 wrote:
      lol do propper rulings zanji has to be on the field after the battle has been successful(after damage calculation) same time as D.D. Warrior lady
      zanji doesnt need to be on the field to kill something after the battle
      fusilier25
      Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:36:48 PM

Groups: Member, Team Shock - Teams Champs 2011

simplegamer wrote:
      fusilier25 wrote:

oh my bad, i thought zanji was like sasuki samurai how it completely skips the damage step. big grin

simplegamer
      Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:56:44 PM

Groups: Judge, Member, Team Blaze

lawrence.l wrote:
      simplegamer wrote:
      fusilier25 wrote:
      zanji doesnt need to be on the field to kill something after the battle

True but it actually has to battle, which catastor kills it before then

rulings wrote:
      The Six Samurai - Zanji" does not need to remain on the field after battle for its effect to activate. Even if it is destroyed by battle, as long as you control another "Six Samurai" monster, the monster it attacked will be destroyed.
      "The Six Samurai - Zanji's" effect activates at the end of the Damage Step. If there are no other "Six Samurai" monsters with a different name face-up on your side of the field when its effect resolves, the effect disappears.
      Example 1: If you have "The Six Samurai - Zanji" and "The Six Samurai - Irou" on your side of the field and "The Six Samurai - Zanji" attacks your opponent's face-down "Nightmare Penguin", if your opponent returns "The Six Samurai - Irou" to your hand the "Nightmare Penguin" is not destroyed by "The Six Samurai - Zanji's" effect.
      Example 2: If you have "The Six Samurai - Zanji" and "The Six Samurai - Irou" on your side of the field and "The Six Samurai - Zanji" attacks your opponent's Attack Position "Cyber Dragon", if you select to have "The Six Samurai - Irou" be destroyed instead the "Cyber Dragon" will not be destroyed by "The Six Samurai - Zanji's" effect because "The Six Samurai - Irou" will not be on your side of the field when "The Six Samurai - Zanji's" effect resolves.